Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Roger from Geauga County, Ohio. I enjoy gardening and have had a growing interest in beekeeping over the past few years. At first, I borrowed many books and back issues of Bee Culture from the library, then purchased the ones I liked.

Last fall, I finally decided to become a beek and began preparations for the spring. I joined a local beek club and ordered and assembled equipment early. On April 23, I installed two packages of Italians. So far, things are going well and I'm learning a lot. The bees are easy to work with and the queens are big and doing a great job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's grate, I started just like you did 5 years ago and no have a lot of hive's now. It just get's better with time.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Greetings from Canton, Stark County. Sounds like you took all the right steps to prepare yourself well. Enjoy your first season, and welcome to Beesource!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Patrick and I live in ZoarVillage in Tuscarawas County. I just joined the forum yesterday and wanted to say hello also. Will be attempting to start my first hive this spring! Thought I might find some helpfull info here.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hello and Welcome,

I grew up in NE Ohio and still have family there, so even though I'm a Hoosier now, I'm still a Buckeye at heart.

This forum contains a wealth of information along with many beekeepers who are happy to share their opinions (and even some wisdom from time to time!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts