Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and look forward to learning from all of you experts. I have been doing bees for about 20 years and still have much to learn. One question that I have is for those of you that you an oxcilic acid vaporizer, I have the Johnny's Ezee Vap; how do you clean the cups? Just finished treating mine and noticed that they are starting to get a residue on them. Thanks so much for your input. Look forward to sharing and learning.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to hearing your experience with the bees; and Johno is on this forum you can ask him about cleaning the cups.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome! If you have been in 20 years, you have more experience that many of the regular commenters here! Like me. I have going on 5 years experience, but comment a lot. Take it with a grain of salt. Don't worry about my hurt feelings if you catch me saying something dumb!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
lWebster: looking forward to your input.

Do you have Johno's Easy Vap? If so, he is also a contributor here on beesource. Maybe he will chime in.

His FB page addresses the cleaning of the cups by saying,
"If you have many hives to treat with the Easy Vap and want to keep the sublimation time as short as possible you should pick up some of the brushes in the picture from Ace Hardware. Ater the first treatment is complete remove the silicone cap and while moving to the next hive insert this brush and spin it in one revolution and then place in your next loaded silicone cap and go ahead and treat the next hive. The twisting around of this brush breaks up the thin layer of oxidization on the bottom of the bowl and allows a quick transfer of heat from the bowl to the oxalic acid. Just try it and you will be amazed."

The picture he shows of the brush:
80998472_124438692374988_1992485352098496512_o.jpg

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Welcome lwebster. I look forward to your contributions as a 20year beekeeper. The experienced keeps on here still learn a thing or two from other members, and I expect you will as well. It's a great place to share information. J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts