Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello! I really enjoy reading the forums! Recently joined my local beekeepers club and have two mentors who are showing me the basics in their apiaries. Recently got my bee-suit and a few other items. I have read two bee books cover to cover. I plan on using this year as a training/observation year, then get a minimum of two hives next year. Im a big time home brewer and plan to make some mead eventually, however, this is not what got me interested in beekeeping. See ya on the forums!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome,

I'm a little north of you in Montgomery County. This year there was much competition for packages and nucs not only locally but Nationally. You could still pick up local nucs but if you're not ready you're not. Most of them were spoken for by the 1st of the year. Order early and then wait til May. That was the hardest part for me.

Good Luck

·
Registered
315 Posts
We are alike! I'm using this year to learn. I've read a lot of books too, and am now hopelessly addicted to this forum and beekeeping in general. And I don't even have bees yet! Lol. Glad you're here :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all, thanks for the welcomes!!

Mephi, Ive read Practical Beekeeper and Beekeeping for Dummies, both great!

Jbraun, some our locals in clubs are still having issues with bees they ordered! They are getting them, just really late!

Bee Whisperer, Ive been known to mosey down to Springtown quite a bit!! Maybe ill hit ya up sometime.

AB, Thanks!

Teal, Good deal! Need too keep track of each other and tip each other off when we find a good read or something interesting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
:w Welcome!!

What books did you read?? I'm just starting out too…have you read The Practical Beekeeper?? My favorite so far...
I've read "The Beekeeper's Handbook" by Sammataro/Avitabile. Mine is only the 3rd edition. However, I think you would appreciate it, since it covers an array of topics in a scientific way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts