Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to beekeeping - currently in "sponge" mode and acquiring my first sets of woodenware. I have two nucs on order for this spring and can't wait to get started.

My hives will be located in my backyard. I live in a small subdivision of 1 1/2 acre lots. I'd like to hand out an informational flyer to my neighbors to avoid potential problems. I'm wondering - does anyone have a such a flyer already made or know a resource where I can find one?

Thanks in advance and wish me luck!

Jeff

·
Registered
75 Posts
First post, been lurking on here for a few years now. I think sending a flyer out to neighbors will cause more harm then good. If they say a good fence makes good neighbors soliciting the fact that you have hives will only be inviting complaints. Just my 2 cents. Good luck, and welcome to the hobby!

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Very perceptive Beekkirk, I would offer the same advice, If your immediate neighbors are good friends casually mention it to them. otherwise keep a low profile and remain within reason. It is much more compelling to say, well I have had bees here for ten years and never a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts