Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've been quietly enjoying the forum for a few months now. I've recently become quite enamored with bees, and I expect I'll have a bunch of questions in the near future. I figured I'd introduce myself and say "hi" before flooding the board with posts. Hi!

Several years ago, I bought a hive setup (2-deep Lang) and placed an order for a package. The package didn't come. I lost interest and forgot about my equipment. It remained painted, wrapped, and stored for 6 years.

This spring (May 17), I spotted a swarm (most likely from one of three nearby small apiaries). I was able to capture it, hive it, and not kill them. They've been a little slow to build up and draw out comb. But, they're alive, healthy, trucking in pollen, sucking down the syrup, building comb, and propolising like no tomorrow- I'm happy.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome Chris!
Might want to check out the Cumberland County Beekeepers. I think you can get to them from the link posted above.
Good Luck!
Mark

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome, Chris. Nice to see yet another Mainer here. I've found this site to be a great resource, with plenty of wisdom from which to draw. See you around!:D
Cindy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts