Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't started so reading anything I can to become a beek. Appreciate all the forum comments. I'm 62, retired air traffic controller and want to beek as hobby, to help declining population, and because I love flowers on the homestead.
Will probably start with 8 frame mediums and want to treat only for AFB if possible. Don't know any beeks and haven't heard of clubs in the SE Alabama NW FLA area.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome from South Alabama, Mobile and Baldwin Counties both have Beekeeper Associations. I am not a member but was told this week Mobile meets Saturday.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I lived in east LA (Troy) for 6 years, then I moved back to God's country in the mountains of NE AL

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Welcome BNB!
North Escambia Bee Association

Officers Name Address Phone Number Email
President Stephen Gruenwald 7243 Belgium Rd, Pensacola, FL 32526 850-969-0006 [email protected]
Vice President Ernest (Peaches) Peach 7190 Princess Ln., Pensacola, FL 32526 850-206-9352 [email protected]
Secretary Bettie Peach 7190 Princess Ln., Pensacola, FL 32526 850-456-6218 [email protected]
Treasurer Pauline Miller 8735 Doris Ave. Pensacola, FL 32534 850-476-3220
Meetings 4th Monday of the month, Fran's Diner, Molino, FL

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've spoken with people from the Baldwin County beekeepers association. I have relatives in Robertsdale, Alabama, where they meet. They recently had a workshop and are quite active. baldwinbees.com

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to each of you. I am getting excited about this and appreciate your help. If you hear of an association or club in southeast Alabama, please forward info. We live at the borders of GA, FL, and AL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts