Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a farm and am interested in beekeeping. I'm a total beginner but hope to learn a bunch from this forum and after a while contribute the one or other useful post:)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a good source of information on bees and beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum - it contains many useful suggestions covering the basics.

Also check your local library for books and videos on beekeeping. And, get involved with a local bee club. Clubs are great for finding mentors and getting connected with nearby beekeepers. There are several good clubs in Kentucky:
http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/bees/association/index.htm

What are you doing THIS Saturday? The Kentucky State Beekeepers are having a field day over at Kelley Bees in Clarkson. It would be a great opportunity to jump right in:
http://www.ksbabeekeeping.org/default.htm

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome neighbor...Kentucky is a good beekeeping state...get involved in a local association or with your state association and meet some good mentors. Best wishes and welcome from Tennessee.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good to see some western Kentucky folks on here.I'm from Valley Station.I used to spend a lot of time down around Barkley but I havnt been able to get down there in a couple of years.Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and links. I had indeed seen the Field Day announcement and was eager to go, but we had already sent our RSVP for a wedding. Meanwhile I swung by Barnes & Noble and got 2 different books on beekeeping...
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
welcome, BEESOURCE also has a "search" function on the toolbar. Wealth of info on any beekeeping subject right there in "search". Good luck and have fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts