Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a commercial beekeeper in south west Idaho. I have lurked around in this forum for some time but never signed up. I'm looking forward to pulling some honey here in the next week or two.

·
Registered
78 Posts
welcome I lived in twin falls for 16 yrs and now am in the panhandle just started this year with 2 hives. where are you located? kinda curious what the bee's food source's are down there in the desert. Here in the panhandle it is a parade of wild flowers from early may til September.

·
Registered
78 Posts
whoops just saw mountain home as your location. Loved to fish the south fork of the boise when I lived there below Anderson ranch reservoir.

·
Registered
36 Posts
"Loved to fish the south fork of the boise when I lived there below Anderson ranch reservoir."

Wow, have spent many hours fishing Anderson Ranch as a kid....spent some growing up in Caldwell and Wilder....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mlmihlfried;1151949 kinda curious what the bee's food source's are down there in the desert.[/QUOTE said:
We mainly run on the edges of hay fields and around the snake river. Our food/pollen sources are rabbit brush, milk weed, hay, wild mustard, corn, wildflowers, and buckwheat. We use pollen patties and syrup as needed. I do love the fishing in southern Idaho. I mainly fish C.J. Strike and Anderson Ranch Res.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts