Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely new to this and im still in the research phase but i wanna learn as much as I can to save my bees from me. I look foreward to learning and finding out more!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I am extremely new to this and im still in the research phase but i wanna learn as much as I can to save my bees from me. I look foreward to learning and finding out more!
'Save the bees from me'. I like that, and it's sadly true. I facilitated the deaths of too many colonies. Welcome to Beesource. People here are pretty nice, mostly. If you run into trouble, post a question.

By the way, it helps if you add your location to your profile. Don't want the address, just a general region. That way people near you can give better targeted replies. A lot of beekeeping is region/climate specific so without knowing if you are in south Texas or northern NY makes a big difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'Save the bees from me'. I like that, and it's sadly true. I facilitated the deaths of too many colonies. Welcome to Beesource. People here are pretty nice, mostly. If you run into trouble, post a question.

By the way, it helps if you add your location to your profile. Don't want the address, just a general region. That way people near you can give better targeted replies. A lot of beekeeping is region/climate specific so without knowing if you are in south Texas or northern NY makes a big difference.
Ah ok. Im located in central montana

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
'Save the bees from me'. I like that, and it's sadly true.
buggle_juice:

Welcome to Beesource! I too can identify with this sentiment. In my humble opinion, you are on the right track by learning as much as you can. The more one understands about the underlying biology and colony dynamics of the honeybee, the more confidently one can consider management decisions- with the understanding that you will still likely kill at lot of bees.

Best of luck to you this year- do you already have bees or are you still in the planning stage?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buggle_juice:

Welcome to Beesource! I too can identify with this sentiment. In my humble opinion, you are on the right track by learning as much as you can. The more one understands about the underlying biology and colony dynamics of the honeybee, the more confidently one can consider management decisions- with the understanding that you will still likely kill at lot of bees.

Best of luck to you this year- do you already have bees or are you still in the planning stage?
Still in the planning but i hope to buy some soon so they have time to build up reserves for this winter.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Welcome, you have the right attitude!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Still in the planning but i hope to buy some soon so they have time to build up reserves for this winter.
Good for you- I'd say that you are correct that the sooner the better (within reason).

Best of luck to you in your beekeeping adventure.

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts