Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

thank you so much for all the effort and sharing, this forum looks fab. I live in Finland and would love to start beekeeping like my grandfather did. Finland might not be the most beekeeping friendly country (long extremely cold winters), but I am located in the capital area, where in general the winters are slightly milder, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Would appreciate any knowledge or information about beekeeping in colder climates, thank you. I am a total beginner, despite my fond memories of honey harvests with my grandpa.

Wishing you all a successful year!
Niki

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome, Niki. If your grandfather kept bees, did he do so in Finland? I ask because it is likely that there are likely some people who can help you with any issues and questions that are specific to your location. They may have a bee club that you can join. There are some members here who are in Finland, and they may be able to chime in. Thank you for the wishes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you - I didn't check if there are members from Finland on the forum, but I will figure it out later (I really didn't even hope there are any!). No, I am original from Czech republic, so my grandfather did so there. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome, we have several beekeepers from alaska and canada, not sure how your weather compares but cold is cold..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts