Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a while to find a suitable site to join in order to collaborate with fellow beekeepers. Without naming names, the other sites had folks on their who were most disrespectful and sometimes not very knowlegable.

Moving on. I am 28 years old and was taught beekeeping by my grandfather when I was 11 years old. I thought I knew a lot about bees until I recently tried to keep them on my own. You see, when I was young, I didn't manage the bees, I was basically slave labor to my pap.:)

I had no idea what I was getting into when I took on what I considered to be a life's calling, but can honestly say I am thankful I'm doing this. I have 2 hives this year and wish to increase to at least 10 next year. I look forward to discussing bee keeping with all you fine folks.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Welcome to "beesource" most of the people on here think it is the best bee site and "disrespect" is not something that is allowed here so enjoy!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I have been on that website a few times. There is a great amount of information on there. I haven't had a chance to make it out to the Botanical Gardens yet, but plan on it soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy little55,
You live in a very nice region of Alabama. It reminds me a lot of the area of Pennsylvania where I'm originally from, except with smaller hills :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts