Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping in to say hello now that I have finally set up a profile. Thanks to everyone for the resources that you have provided to the forum as I have and will continue to learn about the different ways that everyone manages bees.

I run a small diversified vegetable, pork and poultry farm in central Vermont as well as manage bees. We are small on purpose and expanding to more colonies this season with a short term goal of growing from backyard numbers to 200 colonies in the next three years. Why? Because I love beekeeping and think there should be more options for people to purchase truly local bees in our area.

I was blessed last year to get some time with that special apiary north of me around what we call the "Big Lake" and will continued that this season if they'll have me at French Hill again.

I am currently finishing up a degree in Agroecology with an emphasis on bee management at Sterling College in Craftsbury Vermont.

All the best,

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Have fun doing this; nice to have MP near, too. You may not have time for pigs and chickens though! hope you have lots of help.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
... a short term goal of growing from backyard numbers to 200 colonies in the next three years.
Eric:

Welcome to Beesource! It sounds like you have quite an ambitious goal for your apiary, and I for my part hope you not only meet but even exceed your expectations.

There seems to be a lot of evidence for the wisdom in using locally-adapted stock, so you will certainly be doing your region a service by raising local bees.

Best of success to you in your farming endeavors. I will look forward to reading about your apiary development.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts