Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking for heat shrink seals for plastic honey tubs. I've checked out BetterBee and MannLake, and both have them, but in sizes smaller than what I need. I'm looking for shrinks that will fit on a lid of 12 mm (4 3/4") diameter. Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm looking for some, also to fit 1# creamed honey tubs. They'd need to be a smaller than 12cm, more like 9.5 - 10 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
we order these from uline (in a smaller size for muth jars). i think they sell standard sizes by the thousand, and custom by the 10,000...but the prices are low, the custom ones we got were under 2cents each.

i think you can even send them one of your containers so they can determine the right size.

deknow

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Jonathan,
you mean 12 cm right?
I have looked to. I ended up buying tamper proof containers instead which hold 500g and 1kg of honey. The shrink bands are hard to find.
Yes, that's right. It's 12 cm. I talked to a beekeeper from Manitoba, and he referred me to Unisource in Winnipeg. Problem is, to buy from Unisource you need an account, which amounts to spending a minimum of $600 at once, and a minimum purchase amount of $1000 per month. Maybe I should just buy from the beekeeper who has them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts