Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Bee Source, Hello, Just wanted to give a big shout out to Heartwood.com. I installed a package of bees a month ago tomorrow. First hive for me, install went fine. using a deep on top to feed 1-1 in quart jar on sticks. After a few days I checked the queen for her release. Noticed a couple of hive beetles around the jars with the bees chasing them around. I had a couple of frame oil traps so I installed and they caught a few, but the numbers were increasing. Week 2, I added CD style with Crisco/boric acid ,still more beetles. So I ordered a bottom board trap from Heartwood.com. Love the idea of a guy coming up with an idea and putting it into production. The shout out is, the package was rough handled by the shipping company and the plastic oil pan was damaged. I sent back a comment on how much I liked the board[heavy built] and mention that I had to JB Weld the tray due to rough handling. Heartwood sent me a new one without question. I thank them very much. My 5 acres East of Dallas is heavily wood so I think pest are going to be a problem. The photo of the pan hive 1.jpg
hive 2.jpg
is after 6 days on a one month old hive, The other shows my apiary with traps I built from Dr Leo`s site. Thanks Craig

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
+1 Here. I've ordered a few dozen of their trays over the years and they hold up well.

The only thing that would make them better is a smooth rather than ribbed bottom to ease in cleaning for subsequent mite drop counting.

Jerry Freeman came up with quite a good idea with the trays IMHO.

·
Premium Member
Mutts.
285 Posts
Think you left the "E" off the name. eheartwood.com has bee supplies, heartwood.com is decorative boxes.

At $12 each, think I will stick with lunch trays from Amazon. Probably would have bought a few if you had posted this a few months ago. Hey, have been to his site years ago looking at bat houses!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts