Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I don't know if it's just me, or something in my own settings here, or a Beesource general setting, but it used to be that I stayed logged in for weeks and months sometimes. Now, if I'm off for more than half an hour or so, I have to log in again.

Any idea what that's about?

I'm on Firefox, which has a recent new version, and I limit Javascripts. Don't know if that's relevant. The log-in process is automated, so it goes fairly quickly. Not a big pain, but I suppose if it's a change in how Beesource works, it might make it a lot harder for others, and cut down on traffic and conversation.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Work computer is IE and keeps me logged in. personal PC is on Chrome and i seem to have to log in more than before, but it's still maybe once a week or so.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
This comes from not allowing the forum to store cookies on your computer, so you have to reenter the info each time you login. Once logged in (and no cookies stored), if you're inactive for 30 minutes, you'll get logged out automatically. Next time you login, check the box that says "Remember Me" then you won't have this problem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Barry. That may have been it. At some point I had to re-log in and I didn't check that box, and didn't think to do it. :pinch:

Thanks for your work (play) maintaining this forum. :applause:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts