1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my question in a nut shell

last year i had a bbq and ....well..... didnt wake up till late in the day
apon cleaning up the bottles and cans i found TONs of bees on cans of Pepsi

question is. is pop good for them and would it make a pepsi flavored honey???

sometimes i find 2 leter pop for a buck each - seems cheap food for them if its ok for them to eat --

just wondering - i know .......dumb question gets dumb answer but lets see

·
Registered
160 Posts
So much wrong with that. 1st, bees on caffiene. 2. carmel coloring, and then what about all the other stuff in pop. But pepsi flavored honey? interesting.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
my bees prefer my Crown Royal and 7-up, I always wonder if they find their way back home ok :D

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
You can't even interest bees in pop until there is a dearth. Then, of course, anything with any sugar in it is interesting to them. Of course, it will be pepsi flavored syrup if they process it. I wouldn't call it honey...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah - it was during an off flow - but i just wonder how much of that makes it back to the hive ???

like if there was a hive next to a McDonolds ?? would the bees find all that splilt pop and bring it home ??

or even our hives that are next to houses?? seems at one point or another everyone has had a can covered in bees..

·
Registered
388 Posts
If they need it they'll store it. Someone last fall had whitish looking honey, or what they thought was honey until they realized the bees had been visiting the local frosting company's trash.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha Location, Location ,Location !!!!!!!

seems they really dont care what they bring home

wonder what the side effects are of human food??
like Bigdru said ..... caffine in bees??? and other acids,salts, MSG, wonder what its health effects are?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
in a blind taste test my bees prefer RC Cola 2 to 1 over pepsi. if you switched to pepsi it would just be a matter of time before you'd be using red bull and gatorade for spring build up. the dumb answer. justin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts