Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for feedback while its still in beta. We'll take it out of beta August 1st (Hive Tracks 2nd birthday). Scan this to get there quickly:

Hive Tracks Logo_small.gif

Hive Tracks Mobile.png

·
Registered
204 Posts
Like it played with it added a yard and some recent reports... things I'd llike to see
1) plug in a date it has the place and have the weather report drawn from web would save time and be nice
2) have it as a app so it works off line and can up load when in service and you could have a icon on screen rather than hunt for site
3) have stores split between brood chamber stores and supers
4) mites low med high... how about place to put daily mite drop count
5) how about being able to upload pictures from phone rather than from a url
not being critical love what you have done so far but with these changes i'd buy your app I however would not pay a monthly fee to use the app. Also it is smooth and flowing clogging it with advertisements would be a turn off...

Daniel

·
Registered
723 Posts
Used it the other day at a yard. Was good to be able to park between the rows of hives and go back in insert info. Better than hauling around my notebook and then going back and filling in at home. Agreed on the above app need. I have yards that don't have internet access. Otherwise, I like it!!!

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I just setup the yards and hives, and I'll fill in details later. I would like to see some additional choices of queens. "Northern" would be useful to me, as would "Local", or something that suggests "Homegrown"...

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to access the full site with a smart phone?

2. What is the best way of printing and attaching the QR codes?

Note: I can not change the number of frames or lat/long in the mobile app.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I tried Hive Tracks roughly 2 years ago. I dedicated a whole yard to it, I printed out the tags, laminated them and placed them into about 30 hives. I used a construction paper sleeve to keep them in place under the lid. I don't use inner covers and the bees quickly removed the sleeve and attached the tag to the lid via propolis/wax. I did not keep up with the program, The yard was moved due to melon season and the hives never made it back to their original yard, I haven't came across the tags in awhile. I liked the program, it beat the hell out of my notepad, but with 400 plus hives it became tedious . This thread reminded me of it all and now my other half wants to try it again . ( she wasn't there for the first run but now is an instrumental part of my operation) . So , now I think we'll give it a shot in the fall. we should be up to around 600 by then. Like, I said. I like the program. Looking at it now, i wish you could add hives in mass, say 50-60 at one time for one yard . Also, like the guy above me said about the queens, I think every option should contain a spot to type in whatever one pleases..

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I have 200 hives and need a bulk update or no go. Need a bulk add and bulk move between yards. That is the problem I have with all of the products out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just started using Hive Tracks, so I by no means am an expert, but I think that there is a "bulk add" function for adding hives. In step 4 in the process of adding hives, there is an option to copy the hive you have just defined. According to the screen, "you may create up to 300 hives at once with this configuration."

I hope that helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts