Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 7th of May, I received a call about a swarm of bees that had settled in a hangar at the airfield in Durant Oklahoma. I went out and took a look and the bees were clustered around the top of a hangar door. I took a couple of pics before I before I went to work with my bee-vac. Only a small fraction of the bees were on the outside of the door, many more were around the top interior of the door and inside a 2X2 tube used as frame work for the door. I had too work off of a 16 foot extension ladder, but luckily I have about 30 foot of hose for my bee-vac. Every time I thought I had got all the bees I would find some more! I filled up one cage and changed it out and about half filled another. I climbed up and down that ladder so many times my butt was sore the next day. I took all my new ladies home and put them in a hive with some drawn out comb and they are doing great. I was worried since the bees were in so many places I might have missed the queen, but upon inspection this week, I found the queen, lots of new eggs and larva in various states of maturity. I have a couple of pics in a jpeg format, but can't seem to find a way to upload them.

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
962 Posts
you do not have enough post to put on pics.

Send them to one of the mods and they will post them for you

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Beesource does not host pic's. You have to put them on a site like photo bucket, then you can post a link, just note beesource wants them sized to 640 x 480 or smaller. (pretty sure that's the size)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts