Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
While I appreciate msl's sense of humor, :D a fair number of current Beesource readers likely have no idea that "Russel Sunkist" is an imaginary:rolleyes: 'breed' of bee. All part of the oldest game in the book, a fraud scheme.

:ws:
Thank you for this. New to these forums & would have been going buzz crazy trying to find those bees.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I need to find out more. Went back and looked at posts from 2011 and if you substitute the word Saskatraz for Sunkist, the posts look oddly similar.

I want to be clear that I am not comparing Saskatraz, a legitimate line of bees, with the imaginary Sunkist line. I was making reference to the wording of the posts and the interest expressed by beekeepers in 2011, long before the fraud came to light
I would have said New River my self.. one guy with 8 different lines, sold out as soon as sales opened jan 1st, etc,
I am not saying he is a fraud he seems on the up and up and has the II rig to coltroal the lines...... but I am taking marketing notes:lpf:

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
So my take is that the OP described an observation. It's not a recommendation nor a prescription for cure.

Take it as you will or as I have...with a grain of salt, an open mind and a strong dose of cynicism. Doctors know doc stuff. We know bee stuff. Mixing doesn't always make for a good recipe.

·
Super Moderator
5,778 Posts
I would have said New River my self.. one guy with 8 different lines, sold out as soon as sales opened jan
Msl, I am on his waiting list. Maybe all hype but he is reletively local, about 150 miles away, and have heard only good things.several of the local bee clubs buy queens in bulk from them.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Msl, I am on his waiting list. Maybe all hype but he is reletively local, about 150 miles away, and have heard only good things.several of the local bee clubs buy queens in bulk from them.
The New River guy has some great queen lines. I've bought 2 years in a row from him. Follow his youtube channel if you wonder about him. The Buckfast queens from him are extremely gentle and productive. I believe his stock came from Canada before the border was closed to queen imports

·
Registered
525 Posts
Has anyone read about the beekeepers in china? Have any full time beekeepers gotten the coronavirus?
Try searching, there are a couple of recent threads on that topic.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts