Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! My name is Nicole and I started my very first hive this season. I have done quite a bit of research leading up to getting bees but I know there is still so much more to learn, which is why I am here! I have a Flow hive with Italian honey bees, and am currently feeding them using an entrance feeder. Even though this is just my first hive I know I am completely hooked!! I am looking forward to being a part of this community and learning even more!
If you have any tips for beginners please feel free to leave them!

Nicole

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Welcome Nicole! Dive right in.

You may get some grumpy old folks complaining about the flow hive on here. Ask them to be nice! Lots of different kinds of equipment in use by different members here, logs, styrofoam boxes. Everybody has their favorite.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nicole:

First off- welcome to Beesource! We are glad you have joined our community.

Second- it sounds like you are off on the right foot by doing lots of research- there is always more to learn when working with these amazing creatures.

Third- please take every opportunity to post questions over on the 'Beekeeping 101' forum after you have had the chance to look around over there. While I won't swear to it, many of the questions you might have likely have already been answered, and you can join the conversation mid-stream.

Again, welcome- best of luck to you this year!

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts