Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My name is Karen and I've been a hobbist beekeeper for four years. I've been reading a great deal on Slovienian Hives as it's becoming harder for me to lift Langs. I also like the idea of sheltering the hives in a shed during our very cold winters and am planning on moving my Langstroths over in the spring. I hoping to talk to other AZ Hivers on this forum as the more I plan, the more questions come to mind!

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Hi Karen;

Welcome. There is quite a bit of discussion here among people with similar thoughts. Lots of different things to consider. Weight issues are becoming a focus for me too but I am not ready to jump with both feet into a whole different concept. Will do some playing around this spring.

I would suggest you update your profile to indicate your location. It is a long way from Hawkesbury to Kenora!;) I am about in the middle.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Welcome Karen.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Karen:

Welcome you Beesource- we look forward to reading about your project, and there are a lot of very talented folks on here working with alternative hive platforms.

Best of success to you in this coming year.

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts