Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1x Russian, 1x Carniolan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Ben. I've been volunteering to manage a couple hives in a church's community garden in my neighborhood here in Chicago. I grew up in NE Ohio. My parents kept bees when I was little, and I had my own hives throughout high school.

The garden has 1 Carniolan and 1 Russian hive, both started on 5/31/20. They got a late start, but I think both hives are in a decent position to make it thru next spring. Most of the summer was a feeding race to get food packed away. I think I dropped the ball a bit in September though, just naively expecting the goldenrod flow of my youth to come thru... can't count on that in the city.

Anyhow, I'm here to learn, and look forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Welcome to Beesource, volunteer. We are glad to have you as a part of the community, and I will look forward to your contributions.

Best of success to you with your overwintering efforts.

Russ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm Ben. I've been volunteering to manage a couple hives in a church's community garden in my neighborhood here in Chicago. I grew up in NE Ohio. My parents kept bees when I was little, and I had my own hives throughout high school.

The garden has 1 Carniolan and 1 Russian hive, both started on 5/31/20. They got a late start, but I think both hives are in a decent position to make it thru next spring. Most of the summer was a feeding race to get food packed away. I think I dropped the ball a bit in September though, just naively expecting the goldenrod flow of my youth to come thru... can't count on that in the city.

Anyhow, I'm here to learn, and look forward to being part of the community.
JUST KEEP AT IT, GOOD LUCK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts