Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Marcel I am a Horticulture student in San Luis Obispo CA and I am getting back into beekeeping after taking a 4 year hiatus due to drought and a frustration with dead bees. This reboot I'm going to use a foundationless 10 frame Lang design simply because it is what I have and what my nucs are coming in. I have run TBHs in the past but I wanted a change for a number of reasons. As an agriculture student living in the heart of migratory beekeeping country between berries and almonds, I have developed a very complex perspective on beekeeping though I do lean towards the biodynamic approach. I believe in the small cell conspiracy and the use of ventilated bottom boards. I see the necessity to support industrialized beekeeping while protecting the interests of private beekeepers.

Any comments, suggestions or person experience with dynamic Langstroth techniques are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try to learn by doing while keeping an open mind. Just because I hold a set of beliefs does not mean I unwilling to change or be proven wrong.

Glad to hear from a local!:banana: I was starting to think finding a beek down here was like searching for Bigfoot.

-Marcel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll keep you posted. Getting the bees from Californiabeecompany in mid April, but I have a lot of prep til then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already have and am looking forward! I just need to find a way to carpool to the meetings. Any contacts for club beeks in SLO that are open to having a ride share?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts