Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to find out what is the green and maroon colored material in a few cells. Is it pollen? Noticed it when I removed the queen cage from a newly installed package. Package was installed 6 days previously.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Pollen comes in a wide range of colors. Keep watching, you'll be amazed. I saw bees in my hive the other day that had a pollen that looked fluorescent orange.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I think its pollen too. I've been going solo with the 2 hives so this website is great. MrJeff, my 7 month pregnant wife and daughter picked up our bees at the same farm as you. When she got home she told me how calm the hobo bees were that landed on her. She thought that I wouldn't need any protective gear to install packages. I was nervous and put the gear on anyways. First package went in so smoothly I took off my right hand glove to remove queen cage on the second. Quess where I got stung? Anyways I'll be hitting you guys up for advise going forward.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There were so many people at Anthony's, I probably missed her. That was alot of fun that day. Next time sometime should sell snacks and sodas, they would clean up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts