Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is weird. My neighbor borrowed my pressure washer and I let him use some industrial degreaser in which he is using to clean a commercial deep fryer. Ran out of gas and when he returned from the gas station he called me and said there were bees all over the place eating the grease on the ground. What is up with that. Hopefully the degreaser is diluted enough so they dont get in that but this is strange. No nectar flow on now. Just a little concerned about the honey that isnt capped yet. Any ideas. Peace Dave

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Could they be after the water? They like water with "stuff" in it.

Might be a the cleaner (no idea really). I know cows really like transmition fluid (if you work on a vehicle and go around them they want to lick your hands).

Mike

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Mike. Yeah my first thought was the water but I keep a 5 gallon bucket with sticks and such in it by the house. They were digging it during the flow. Now no in it much,but its been wet. The degreaser is a commercial hard core,as much as 100-1 dilution that I get from a car detailer. Its tough stuff.
I think your right,maybe water with stuff in it. I was open feeding what was left over from cleaning the extractor though at the same time. It was alot closer flight for them. 200ft vs 1500ft. Go figure Thanks Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts