Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do bees collect grass pollen? It would appear there is a high grass pollen count for today. Explains why i feel like a truck is sitting on my sinuses.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have seen them on different grasses here, last summer heavy use of crabgrass, mid summer, so it could have been necessity over desire idk.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yep saw them in Bahia when I don’t mow and let the seed heads pop up. In fact I remember saying to my wife, “sweetie, I’m gonna let the grass get taller so the bees have something to eat”. Lol...I mowed the next day.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They go for the best pollen available. Sometimes it’s grass pollen. You’re cabbage palm should be blooming or close to it. Usually a good pollen source

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They go for the best pollen available. Sometimes it’s grass pollen. You’re cabbage palm should be blooming or close to it. Usually a good pollen source
some palm was blooming but the lovevugs got there first and a beekeeper freind said once the love bugs touch it bees do not mess with it. Yesterday I put a 1x1 piece of pollen patty to see how they are. There was some action yesterday before I placed the pollen patty they where hyper up about something. I have no clue what it was but around 50 where constantly going in and out always going to the same direction. I am assuming a plant but not really sure. My brother helped me a little bit so I let him have some honey straight out of the hive, my other brother comes running out can I help LOL you snooze you loss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts