Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now what do I do? These are my first two hives. Maybe I should have left the dead queen in the hive and maybe they might not have left. But now there are just a few bees in the hive and the new queen is coming today. What do I do?
The other hive looks super full but I am really not sure if the bees moved there or if that's how many there were supposed to be?

Please help!

·
Registered
5 ,8 ,10 frame, and long Lang
3,379 Posts
so find the queen and take 1/2 of the frames with bees to a different hive, like the one with out many bees is fine.
then intro the new arriving queen to the queen less part that is left. Some what a split, if the bees joined due to no queen , then you are splitting them and adding a queen to the queenless 1/2
you do need to find the queen for this to work.

or connect with some one who has bees to use your new queen on of their splits.

good luck

GG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so find the queen and take 1/2 of the frames with bees to a different hive, like the one with out many bees is fine.
then intro the new arriving queen to the queen less part that is left. Some what a split, if the bees joined due to no queen , then you are splitting them and adding a queen to the queenless 1/2
you do need to find the queen for this to work.

or connect with some one who has bees to use your new queen on of their splits.

good luck

GG
Thanks Gray Goose,
My other queen is still in a cage because I only got her yesterday.
I will take some of those bees and put them in the other hive and intro the new queen!
Pray for my success!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts