Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty heavy into my fishing season right now. I have been going to some local lakes. At the different park entrances there is the Park Bully aka Ranger you have to get by to get in. I get to talking to them about bees and such. Every park I have been to has had 2-6 swarms on low lying limbs this year. They didn’t know of anyone to call. They all have my number now and I will go back early spring to make sure they have my contact info.

Stop by your local campsites and lakes that have Park Rangers. This will bring a few good swarm calls next year.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I got so few swarm calls this year it's embarassing (2). I've got my name and cards all over the place but I'll hit these guys as well. Thanks for the bird-dogging.

·
Registered
Bee Wrangler
742 Posts
That is a good idea, there is a string of county parks just down the road from me. Guess I need to contact the parks and recreation department.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's a few Corps of Engineers parks around here, a state park and municipal parks in various little towns. Think I'll contact the rangers and the municipal parks and recreation directors.

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Walt

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
A public place that gets visited by many kids is not a good place to put anything you don't want destroyed.

·
Registered
869 Posts
A public place that gets visited by many kids is not a good place to put anything you don't want destroyed.
+1 there. Not to mention, if they are dumb enough to throw rocks at it and knock it out of the tree, they'll probably get stung and you'll get sued.
But DEFINATELY keep checking with them. I got to go to historic Sutter's Mill earlier this year.

C2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts