Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
GREAT READING.....he reminds me of my grandfather. Its funny how some of the things he says contradicts what some are syaing now, but you know what they say about diversity.....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good stuff, and funny to boot. I haven't read them all (yet) but he has some very strong opinions; requeening and feeding for example. I finished gluing and nailing two Imrie shims this morning so it was good timing to read some original material from him.

Ah well, 12-18" expected tonight and tomorrow:lookout:, all my brandy new hive bodies, sbb's, empty frames, and assorted paraphenalia will be buried in the shed for a while. Glad I asked for the Hive and the Honey Bee (and ordered it myself to make sure:p) for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Bighorn06, thanks for bringing Imirie's Pink Pages back to everyone's attention! They are great reading, and worth printing out and saving for reference.

There's not too much difference between his comments about puncturing the honey dome for brood next expansion, and Walt Wright's... just a little bit different way of going about it.

My guess is, the current "animated" discussion among the serious beeks here will lead to a synthesis in a few years, as we all seek to discover what works, both for us and in our locales.

You know, there is more than one way to skin a cat! :lookout:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts