Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 of my 6 hives are doing great, 4 of my hives are lethargic, not a whole lot of activity, one of my good hives is a swarm from this spring, lots of brood and honey, I've never had a hive do so well, all of these bees are Mutts, by lethargic hives are Italians, would it be ok, if I took some of the brood from my great hive and place it in the slow ones to get things going?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yes, as long as you don't deplete the strong hives too much, I am about to do some of those, I find that in most cases, especially in mid summer the weak hives don't have enough population to get going good, usually I shake a few frames not containing open brood (less chance of getting the queen) into the weak hive, the foragers go back home and the nurse bees stay without fighting. Good Luck

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
put some brood and a couple of honey supers in the weak hives, as of today, lots of bees have activity outside of the landing board, in my opinion is a good sign.
So I think I'm back to normal, I'm going to inspect in about 10 days from today, so see how the broods are doing.

Thanks Stan.Vick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts