Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
You pretty much live in a desert. Your choices are limited. I would suggest contacting the extension service.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have my bees in northern Sonora, Mexico (right in the Sonoran desert).

Depending on how much water you have there are a few different choices you can go with. A little more information about where you are and the conditions would be nice.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
As opposed to bad bee trees? I'm not sure what your question is exactly.

Any hollow tree with an entrance makes a good bee tree. Bees like walls in old houses too.

Or are you asking what variety of trees gives good nectar for bees? Bee bee trees, locust, basswood, tulip poplar, etc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
:eek:t:

Cacti, haven't seen any reports on your efforst to hive that colony of bees in a log pile.
Prepared it the other day!

It's been to cold so I didn't want to kill them off. Last few days have been a lot warmer and the rains are gone so I went out a few days ago and prepared them to be transfered into their new home.

It's going to be a nightmare.

I'm actually working on the video of me preparing it right now and will export the video over night (will take about 6 hours) and then I'll upload it in the morning and give you all the link. :)

Did you check out my other video that I posted in this thread? http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237992

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some citrus varieties in my area are in bloom right now. My girls are happy.

Mesquite, citrus, yellow trumpet (not really a good bee tree but they'll take it if there's nothing else and this tree blooms a few times throughout the year), there's a desert sage but it's more like a bush.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts