Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, looks like a nuc I started left me after doing well for several months. I haven't been able to go through the boxes until today. Last week I noticed not as many girls coming and going when I went to feed them. Well, I found a couple of queen cells that had beem opened up. I don't know how long ago this happened. There are plenty of bees on all the frames brood and larvae. So, I guess they know what they are doing so I'll leave alone. Think that's the best thing to do?

·
Registered
638 Posts
There are plenty of bees on all the frames brood and larvae. So, I guess they know what they are doing so I'll leave alone. Think that's the best thing to do?
You saw larva so at least thats a good sign. Plenty of bees is another good sign. Not sure that you have a problem here. Activity will go up and down depending on what they're doing.

·
Registered
About 40 Colonies
6,166 Posts
Hey folks, looks like a nuc I started left me after doing well for several months. I haven't been able to go through the boxes until today. Last week I noticed not as many girls coming and going when I went to feed them. Well, I found a couple of queen cells that had beem opened up. I don't know how long ago this happened. There are plenty of bees on all the frames brood and larvae. So, I guess they know what they are doing so I'll leave alone. Think that's the best thing to do?
What's gone if you still have a hive with "plenty of bees on all the frames, brood, and larvae"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts