1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Those are great pics. Those Talons are huge!!

Speaking of birds. I have a Red Tail Hawk that lives in a billboard across the street from my office. Everyday at +/- 3 pm he/she leaves the nest to hunt. They fly to power pole next their house and wait for something to move. Birds of Prey are fun to watch.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Wow, I never thought about an eagle hunting deer before. I've seen them eating dead deer, but never thought that they had killed them. Quite a mouthful for an eagle.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Interesting video! I have only seen wolves on a few occasions, but the ones in the video looked smaller than North American timber wolves. Did anyone else get that impression?

I recently had to do a little research on eagles, and in particular, the hazards they can pose to people (we became authorized to accept injured eagles temporarily and I had to assess the risk to students).

I found an article in the archives of the South Dakota Game and Fish Department. A falconer was asked why they don't use golden eagles anymore and his reply was, "Too many trips to the hospital."

The interviewer assumed he was talking about veterinary bills and commented to the effect that treating the eagles must get expensive.

The falconer said, "Not for the eagles, too many hospital trips for the falconers!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts