Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went a little crazy ! I was trying to make sure the queen was released and ALIVE.....and pulled the cage it was difficult and surrounded by BEES..i was nervous and ----doom....occurred--the queen was released ! the comb fell between the bars..and their it lay covered by bees ---instead of do any more damage i left it---its dark-new package ( i cried) nooo nooooooooooo! ......i decided befor i do any more damage for making it better i would stop....i was in fear the queen would die in the cage ! so i wanted to check---FIRST BEE KEEPER MISTAKE.....what do i do now----they dont have enough comb to stay so I decided to just leave it...will it go bad or ? :( such a bad idea....i hope all their comb doesnt go crazy now---what to do....B SWEET :(

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
Leaving fallen comb on the floor of the hive is not a good idea. Odds are that more irregular comb will get attached to that fallen comb, particularly since the queen cage (with its attractive scent) is there also.

Its not clear to me from your post whether the queen was actually released from the cage, but if not, the cage may be in a position that the bees cannot release her. Waiting to fix this is not not going to improve the situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts