Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched a few video's on you-tube from the guy at georgabees.com. Decided to go to his website and see what it was. Got a Google warning.

"Reported Attack Page!

This web page at georgiabees.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for georgiabees.com

What is the current listing status for georgiabees.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 9 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 21 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-05-13, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-12.

Malicious software includes 7 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 8 domain(s), including theatrekoodak.webphoto.ir/, mygamespark.com/, wailord.fr/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS19181 (CWIE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, georgiabees.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Funny thing, I got that warning from my wifes website the other day. Seems google didnt like somthing about it. I reported it to the host and they went through the site and the servers and all was well. I was also told it was sending malicious emails out......the other funny thing is that it can't, we dont have that feature or option....

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well maybe Google is censoring content or there system is puking. Just hoping the georgebees guy can complain that he is loosing hits due to Google. I like his videos on youtube.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I seriously doubt he is doing anything malicious

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its also possible if you allow advertising feeds from third parties for those advertisements to carry infectious codes. I've known a couple sites that had issues with their ad services because it was causing problems for their users.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Got the same thing w/ my Chevy van and its security system (you can't start it w/o the key system) The wrench told me that something in the computer doesn't like what the chip/sensor is telling it and it would take three hours at 75 bucks per to wipe the computer and reprogram it. Ain't puters fun?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get warnings through google and firefox... I emailed the guy to let him know.

Never got a response.
You got his email? I've been searching for it to tell him it is still a problem but cant find it.

BTW,

There are some blahblah.RU sites hosted on there and they are probably the offenders. But since they are on the same server they are triggering the google and firefox warnings.

It would be simple for John to call his hoster and get them after the problem. It would also be grounds for him to cut his contract with them if they don't fix the problem. Hosters are a dime a million out there.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Nearly happened to me when I started a web site. Found a place that would host my site for FREE! Ha Ha!

Anyhow I was naive back then so checked out their tools etc they had nice tools for me to build a site. Pretty pleased with my efforts, then the BAD NEWS. Turns out the guys hosting it were attacking every computer that visited my site. Great publicity!

Took the site down, which was difficult. Then for several weeks I got constant reminders and pop ups from them asking if I would like to start the site up again, I never responded and these stopped, and about that time I started getting inundated with spam. had to abandon the email address I'd given them.

Apparently there is quite abit of this sort of thing, so a site can be attacking you even though the site owner does not know about this.

Now I've learned a bit more & have software to detect phishing sites and other nasties, but it can happen easier than you think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts