Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my 3 pound package one week ago and it seems all is well so far. Planning on getting a mite screen bottom board and another deep super soon for the summer. I have the styrofoam hive-top feeder and it seems to be working. Moisture is building up like crazy inside the telescoping cover above the sugar-juke but we are having very crappy weather lately. After one week there was a bit of mold inside the feeder but it wiped away easily when I refilled it. If you are reading this and you live fairly close to me shoot me a message. I think it would be nice to have someone nearby to correspond with about bees. Currently I get my advice from two books and online. Enjoy your day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi matthew6060 Im in Port Townsend and just installed my bees on the 24 of April. Im a beginner so I dont know much yet. I havent even taken the queen cage out yet. I am noticing they dont seem to be taking much sugar syrup but I am seeing them come in with pollen on so I think all is well. I cant wait to take a peek inside. Im glad to see some folks from washington state on here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Matt, If you have a direct question you can send me a message. This forum is great for getting many different views. Most are excellent. I'm right out of Portland in Battle Ground. If you have a bee club close, which I know you do, Washington offers a Master beekeeping program. It helps close skipped gaps in beekeeping education. Look on the Wsba page and pick a close club. They can hook you up with a mentor .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi guys! well today i joined the washington state group on this site which seems like a good idea so that we can share info easily between people in our locale.

i will definitely look into a mentor at the wsba as well. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.