Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have tips, tricks, and/or success/failure stories at getting to the next level in distribution and retail?

Our company would like to expand a bit into larger retail establishments, maybe get on with a large distributor.

Currently we have our offerings in regional mom and pop shops, online, and a few bigger groceries locally.

We have a great product a strong brand and good sources who we provide good bulk pricing to.

Anything?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Its basically all about who you know. Do you know anyone who works with larger retail chains? Or anyone who runs (or knows who runs) the procurement/contract management for a larger retail chain or distributor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its basically all about who you know. Do you know anyone who works with larger retail chains? Or anyone who runs (or knows who runs) the procurement/contract management for a larger retail chain or distributor?
We don't know anyone yet. We have a few leads to follow up on with some larger regional folks. We have jumped through the hoops of RangeMe and a few other "helper" applications that are industry litmus tests, but I am beginning to think there has to be a different approach than "standardized industry basics."

I don't mean any insult, I agree with your summary, could you tell me why you have come to the same conclusion?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts