Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey:

Where is the best place to buy some Nucs ? I am needing/wanted just the nucs, a little late to get bees for them, but I want to be ready, prepared and get an early start for next year.

I may be able to trap some "wild" bees in the woods surrounding my place, also, so I will need to buy some traps. What is a good source for these ? I'd like to get them close to Louisiana to save on shipping charges.

Also, any info on beeks close by in East Texas or La. who sell bees in the Nucs ? Hope this is o.k. to post this here, just trying to get info.

casper_zip

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I like the ones brushy mountain sells, because they come with inner covers, & telescoping covers.

I don't like the way they wax the frame tops to my nucs with migratory tops. All the frames move when removing the tops. The inner cover can be rotated to free the wax with less frame movement.
Think I'm going to order some tops from brushy.

·
Registered
760 Posts
for nucs - i just grab 3/4" plywood, my tablesaw and a router and go gun hoe!!!

the plywood was about 15 bucks and made -a lot of nucs - its been a while since i made any but if i remember it was 3 sheets of plywood for 25 nucs - came to about 2-3 bucks for a nuc thats body top and bottom

if you make your own you will save on shipping and over cost -

sure they dont last 20 years but 10 years works fine for me and being a nuck there is not a lot of weight to wear on them -

just my two cents to help you save 3 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts