Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey hey!
Excited new beekeeper here!

Received my first NUC ever the beginning of May and I am so eager to get more bees I just cant contain myself (well my finances contain me pretty well). At this point I am like a sponge soaking up info where I can and look forward to gaining ans sharing here on Beesource.

At first I was prepared to take notes on everything I see, but then decided to just record all of it with my GoPro. This works great and I hope I can help someone else by posting them on youtube (once I get some Bee Skillz).

If anyone is interested in watching a newb feel free but I dont really know 100% what I am doing :D

https://youtu.be/vKW7FEbgpQw

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi, welcome to beesource. Your bees look great, I watched two of your videos. Cool that you got your child to work with you with the bees. I was around bees really young, and you can't kick the hobby later if you wanted too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, welcome to beesource. Your bees look great, I watched two of your videos. Cool that you got your child to work with you with the bees. I was around bees really young, and you can't kick the hobby later if you wanted too.
Hey Thanks a lot! Every time I finish an inspection I sit on my porch hoping they are ok and I didnt screw up something. Oh man, my son loves the BEES! I am so glad he can do it with me - the wife still wont go out to the hive LOL

Trying to catch a swarm or two as well. So far I have three traps out in different locations throughout my county.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Thanks a lot! Every time I finish an inspection I sit on my porch hoping they are ok and I didnt screw up something. Oh man, my son loves the BEES! I am so glad he can do it with me - the wife still wont go out to the hive LOL

Trying to catch a swarm or two as well. So far I have three traps out in different locations throughout my county.
My wife was scared too but after I bought her a ventilated suit from Brushy Mountain she works the hives with me now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife was scared too but after I bought her a ventilated suit from Brushy Mountain she works the hives with me now

Good Point! I need to get her a pink bee jacket or suit... I mean good gracious she watches all the bee documentaries with me so she should know a little bit by now LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.