Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the 4 packages I got from Brushy Mt. here in PA on Friday. Local beek I worked for last year went and picked them up. Got them in the hive the same day. Took zero stings doin it...but the next day got 2 good stings messing around on the ground leveling out the hive stand. My own dumb fault I know..was hoping I could get through this spring without A sting...guess not :lookout:

I didn't weight any but for those worried about the packages from Gardners...these May packages didn't look half bad. All had living queens....and were good and full with bees.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Yeah, those don't look as full as the 3# packages I got from Weavers in the past.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Not all 3# cages have the same dimensions. Gardners will only accept their cages for $1.25. So I'm guessing theirs are slightly different from other package producers. I picked up 50 from Gardners this week and they look just like the pictures posted. I thought they looked small also, but I think it's because the cage appears to be larger than other cages. I wish I had a descent scale I would weigh them before I install them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
If you've got a bathroom scale, mark 5 or 10 cages, put them on the scale, get a weight, then after hiving, put those marked cages back on the scale, see what you discover, post the info here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts