Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a phone call last night about selling some bees, not making fun of this lady, but the whole conversation got funny.

ME: Hello. Maple Leaf Bee Farm

HER: Do you sell bees?

ME: Yes mam, I ve got some five frame nucs for $125.

HER: I don' t want picture frames of nuclear weapons! I want bees. Don't you sell bees?

ME: Yes mam, the frames are what the bees come on, it is sort of their home. A nuc is short for nucleus colony, it is like a small hive.

HER: I don' t want a small hive, I want a big hive.

ME: Yes mam, it will grow into a big hive.

HER: How does it do that?

ME: The queen in the colony lays lots of eggs and that causes more bees to be born.

HER: Oh...well do your bees make honey?

ME: Yes they do.

HER: Will they make a lot of honey?

ME: Well it just depends on the year, if if turns to dry or to wet, they will not make as much honey.

HER: Why?

ME: They get nectar from flowers, no flowers blooming no nectar.

HER: OH..I get it. I watched Little House on the Prairie. If the tornado comes and get the crop, there is no crop.

ME: Yeah something like that.

HER: Do your bees sting?

ME: Yes mam they will sting.

HER: Oh. Can I just buy one of those frames for $25, to see how it works out?

ME: Mam, are sure you want to keep bees?

HER: Well we want some honey.

ME: I 'll tell you what, I ve got a buddy that sells local honey. Why don't I give you his number and he will be happy to sell you some.

HER: Oh. O.K. Thank you! I wish you would have said that in the first place.

ME: Yes mam, so do I.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hehe.....your customer service is impeccable! You can have some real fun with those types of folks. You should have told her that Beekeepers have to train the bees to make honey, and that there are annual competitions all across the country where Beekeepers/ bees compete with other Beekeepers/ bees to see who makes the most honey in the shortest amount of time. It's very similar to the large national dog shows on tv.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is funny! "Oh. Can I just buy one of those frames for $25, to see how it works out?"
Probably would have put it on her kitchen table.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I bet McDonalds has fun when she wants a hamburger

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey, now, don't make fun of me.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
I like the ones who tell me decided they wanted to keep bees so they bought a queen and now they want to know what to do next. I ask if they have any bees. They tell me there are five of them with the queen...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts