Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i answered a swarm call(which of course had actually left before they called). the lady went on and on about how she was going to spray them and people at work were horrified(as was I) and told her that 'bees are in trouble' and she told me how she had no idea about any of that(i guess she doesn't watch the news). anyway... she told me how a guy that lived down the street used to keep bees, that "he had those concrete thingies in his back yard" I was totally confused. until i thought about it a second. the "concrete thingies" were hives.

so evidently, there are folks out there who think our hives are made of concrete.

then again, how else would you contain stinging bugs??

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just posted on Facebook a few pictures of my bees coming out of the small hive entrance/exit and one of my friends replied "you mean they can get out?" LOL! I shouldn't laugh at the "concrete" lady or my friend since I honestly didn't know much about honeybees up until a few years ago but it is really funny! :)

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
I was working a hive in a backyard in town when the neighbor lady walks right up (I would have wanted a veil if it was me) and informed me that my bees were chasing and biting her grandsons. Then she asked me what I would do if "the bees got out". I was confused. I asked what she meant. She repeated it. I said, "do they look like they can't get out? They go out whenver they like."

·
Registered
869 Posts
I know someone that thought I was starting a graveyard. They said that from a distance, they looked like tombstones

Craig

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
i had one person ask my why i file all my paperwork in my field -- she thought they were file cabinets !!!!!!!!

Hey!

I just posted on another thread that I might make drawers or a night stand out of short boxes I got from a supplier...

My wife would want to put it (and me) out in a field. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was working a hive in a backyard in town when the neighbor lady walks right up (I would have wanted a veil if it was me) and informed me that my bees were chasing and biting her grandsons.
Almost like they are pets, you can control who they chase. Never thought about that one... I should fasten little harnesses and leashes for my girls. :lpf:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Batman - actually in satellite images, cemeteries and beeyards look similar, rectangular geometric patterns.

Roland

1 - 9 of 9 Posts