Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opp. to place some hives on crimson clover, but the farmer says he may spray a fungicide on it if this rain messes with it to much. So if he sprays are my bees toast? nice of him to let me know before I get all set up. thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Some copper fungicides make mention that bees are endangered by the stuff.

I'm not suggesting that you take the risk at all, but it is often good to take warnings like that with a grain of salt (and remember our system is often driven by liability). It's like the old story about the Poinsettia being poisonous to dogs and young children. This is true, if they eat a few dozen plants...

·
Registered
175 Posts
a lot of farmers have to use fungicides if they grow vegatables, and they have to use bees, it should be ok but ask him what kind he will be using, and see if he will be spraying later in the day when most foraging will be over
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Current thought has been that fungicides don't really affect bees directly. There's a new-ish avenue of inquiry, however, as to whether fungicide exposure's changes in the bee gut's flora may be contributing to nutritional stressors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts