Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some apple trees that need to be sprayed with a fungicide for a condition called scab. I'm planning on using an organic spray but wanted to ask if anyone knew of a type that would be bee friendly or if fungicide even will harm bees.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
What I have heard is that some of the fungicides affect the potency of some of the insecticides and acaracides. The results are that some of the things become more deadly in the presence of the fungicides. These were the commercially used ones, not an "organic" one. Organic fungicides tend to be things like organic acids don't they? Where the shift in pH is detrimental to the fungus?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the reply Michael.

The organic fungicide that I was planning on using is copper based but I'm leaning more towards trying the simply option first which is simply removing the dropped leaves and fruit. I've heard this is 85% of solving the problem. I'd rather not spray anything and especially since my bee yard is sitting right in the middle of the orchard. I also don't use insecticides. Everything is completely organic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts