Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
70's today and a foot of snow this weekend. Sounds about right for spring in Colorado.

So far all 4 of my hives that are outside are still alive. The one small one I brought in for the winter died out, but I didnt have high hopes for them and considered their size and it was sort of an experiment.

Registered
Elmer, do we have to get back on last year's roller coaster馃榿? Of course, just as pollen started this week, here comes the snow, at least it won't be brutally cold.

Registered
This has been a very unusual winter and hopefully we have gotten more moisture in the ground than for a number of yeas. I have had pretty major bee losses and I hope that additional moisture in the soil will equal increased honey production and also some fruit tree production which I've not had for several years. Hopefully with the warmed soil the next couple of days worth of snow will put moisture in the soil.
Cheers,
Steve
=====

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to start digging up rocks and dirt to put in a garden in the last month, so the ground definitely is not frozen. It should soak in well.

It has also rained twice this month, last night and a few days earlier.

all but one of my fruit trees are looking good so far

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at about 4800 ft, so I think I am ahead of you in the growing season. I am seeing lots of buds on all of my trees except the one that was struggeling last year.

Registered
Elmer,

FYI; Gave a ~dozen fruit trees 3-4 fertalizer sticks buried ~12 inches plus buckets of water last Fall in effort to promote increaed blooming this Spring, but sucess will partly depend on Spring rain to distribute fertlizer further in the soil. Need Spring rain! Will see what happens.
Steve
====

Registered
We are in for it!!!

Jim Cantore is already doing live shots from denver

Welcome to the weather channel were no matter how bad the storm, we will have an anchor that's even worse standing out in it to tell you how bad it is

Registered
been going her for about 3hrs... some on the grass, streets just wet

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am up to about a foot of snow now (probably more since it is compacting/settling) and the water level in my pond went up about 2". The shoveling sucks today

Registered
Only on the Front Range!

The waning aspen katkin blossems are coated with last night's eight inches of heavy wet snow while the first 2021 three pound package of bugs arrives!

Bear Creek Steve
==============

Registered
probably not a good idea fud i to was hoping to get some stuff done in the hives tomorrow but will have to wait, spring is here but the weather is sketchy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts