Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one interested in some Tupelo seeds or some swamp TITI this is the sientific name of the titi Swamp Cyrilla, Titi - Cyrilla racemiflora If you are interested send me a self addressed envelop and I will send you some. Just let me know you are wanting some so I can remove the tread when they are all gone. I only have enough for 5 or 6 people. I have alot more titi than tupelo. According to some of the info I have read they both will grow in many places. But, both will do better in a wetter type soil. Send me a PM and I will give you my address.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys I have had several people ask for seeds let me see how many envelopes I get to see if I have any more seeds left. If I have any left I will let you'll know.
There are plenty of the titi seeds still on the trees if I need to go get some more but, the Tupelo's are just about gone. And the birds are getting there share everyday.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recieved three envelopes yesterday and filled them up last night, I will put them in the mailbox Monday morn. I still have enough seeds for a few more. I put quite a few in each one. The Big seeds are the Tuepelo seeds and the little ones are the Ti Ti seeds.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had a few people say they recieved there envelopes torn with no seeds. I am sorry for that, I still have a few seeds left if you'll would like to try it again.

I was also wondering who did receive your seeds???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Do you still have any seeds left i live in virginia will they grow here and when is the best time to plant them i am trying to grow alot of plants for my bees this year so they will have something to work wen the main flow is over.

THOMAS

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would also like some seeds.

If anyone is interested, I have Golden Rain Tree seeds, and Vitex. PM me and I'll give you my address, send a SASE and I'll get some seeds your way!

Maybe we could get some kind of seed exchange started!

Alex

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm putting Golden Raintree and Vitex seeds in the mail today!

Is anyone else interested?

I'm looking for Evodia (BeeBee tree) and Black Locust seeds.

Seed Swap anyone?

·
Registered
918 Posts
alexcc1

I have some black locust seeds from southwest Pa. if you're still looking for them. I'll trade you for some vitex if they'll grow in my area. (heck, I'll even send you some black locust seeds even if the vitex won't grow in my area)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would love to try the black locust(bee bee) seeds and any other good honey bee seeds, if any one can spare me some I am in Dighton mass 50 miles south of boston in the woods. Jeff, bo knows honey bee's. Thanks please addvise.

·
Registered
170 Posts
thats a good idea, seed exchange,
i also have some vitex seed still on the plant but don't know when to pick them off, also have some natchez white crape mertle seed, if anyone is interested, also planted a bass wood tree and is doing good, but heard they take a while to grow, also the wild popcorn tree has seed on, but they wont be ready till the end of august. does any one have any sour wood seed, been trying to find some! have some wild sumac seed coming they are good for bees during the dearth, they bloom from july to the end of aug. their seed should be ready at end of aug.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have sourwood trees but was trying to cultivates some before I realized it. Talked to a local nursery and they seemed to think sourwoods are hard to propagate.
I also have some golden raintree seeds if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still have plenty of Tupelo seeds if anyone wants some. If you send me a padded envelope I will send you a hand full. I tried to mail some in a regular envelope and some people complained that the envelope broke open during mailing. Thats why I requested a padded envelope

·
Registered
170 Posts
ptwat
i transplanted a sour wood from the woods in august last year! its doing good, just add some food pellets, add water with miracle grow, set your plant in fill with some good rich earth with a little 13-13-13, and it will do good up to zone 4. i have planted ,"last year", sour-wood, natches white crap myrtle, vitex, black locust, basswood, and sumac. all are doing good and well, but they are immature tree's so the seed will be a while coming. i think this is a great idea for a seed trade forum! hopefully i'll have some seed for ya'll in a few years!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts