Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are in 3 gallon pots, I started them last year from seeds. I think I have 15 of them that I don't have room to plant. I'm in north central Arkansas (Izard/Independence county area) if you want them and can come get them, let me know.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Too bad you do not have room.
How did you start them? (I have one tree and seeds and want to propogate.)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad you do not have room.
How did you start them? (I have one tree and seeds and want to propogate.)
I collected them in the Fall, just put one seed each in pots of composted dirt, left them outside all winter, and the next spring they grew out.....real easy.....my neighbor says if he doesn't mow on a regular basis he'd have tons of them growing all over his yard....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you tell us what this type of tree is good for, and what their usage is?

Thanks
Drought resistant, tolerant of urban air pollution, blooms in as little as three years, nectar and pollen. In my area, it comes on after wild blackberry finishes and not much else is blooming..The bees lose their minds over this tree.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Drought resistant, tolerant of urban air pollution, blooms in as little as three years, nectar and pollen. In my area, it comes on after wild blackberry finishes and not much else is blooming..The bees lose their minds over this tree.
Yeah, native bees lose their mind over these trees but honeybees don't, in my experience.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should have updated this thread earlier, but I have sent out all available seeds.......

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Me too! Free Golden Rain tree whips in San Mateo, CA, you pick up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts