Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you usually call to give your phone number and offer to retrieve swarms? Animal Control? Anybody else?

Thanks,
Janice

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you want to pursue swarms, I suggest (1) calling the local 911 service, police, and fire departments. Maybe even hospitals and doc-in-a-box clinics, too.

(2) sending a confirmatory notice with contact info, such as a 3x5 card, that all emergency-type services can post in a convenient location.

It'll be prudent to include disclaimers about how you won't remove wasps and non-honeybee pests.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Local Pest Control companies, Roofing Companies,
and if you are trying to do it e-mail your information to= [email protected]
Their web Site is Honey Run Apiaries, they also list bee removal informatation for your area.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I called all the pest control companies in my area and the extension office in my county, I did a swarm removal the other day and the people got my number from this site below, just register by emailing them and they will post you,....

http://www.ebeehoney.com/swarmremovalmap.html

[ March 28, 2006, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: TwT ]

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
they called me because I was the only one registered in on that site in SC. They might would have called you ford
;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just gave my name to the local extension office and they said they get tons of calls and most beekeepers on their list quit taking swarms because they get so many!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts