Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Re: Framing made simple for 2014? NEW 18ga .25" up 1.5" stapler without compressor!?

A lot of people could be interested in this...

Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Framing made simple for 2014? NEW 18ga .25" up 1.5" stapler without compressor!?

In the past ryobi tools have been garbage. Have they picked up their game?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

I think this thread was about the Battery stapler. If it is any good then being able to take it into the field without a compressor sounds good to me.

Harbor freights nail gun tool are crap. I use the Rigid and I have a couple of them they rock. http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-R150FSA-Finish-Stapler/dp/B001W0ZIFE They are great for one or limited time use stuff, if you need to depend on it spend some more money and get better stuff.

Harbor freight staples are cheap and jam your guns up. Get a box from HD or a local nail and staple company. I have a local guy cheaper then HD on staple more then HF but, does not jam me up.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?244037-Air-Staple-Gun-for-Beeks

A review on the Riobi Brad nailer http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/air-tools/cordless/ryobi-airstrike-p320-18-gauge-brad-nailer-review/

No review yet on the stapler http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/air-tools/cordless/ryobi-introduces-airstrike-cordless-stapler/

·
Registered
6,692 Posts

My mistake, I did not observe it was battery, sorry.
I've not had problems with my harbor freight jambing up, maybe I am lucky.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

Only staples I ever had problems with from harbor freight were the 1/2" staples. Never had a misfire with anything longer. I have ridgid stapler also as do a few of my friends. Never heard a complaint. Would like to go to the field without an air tank and an airhose though to fix cleats.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

Would like to go to the field without an air tank and an airhose though to fix cleats.
I use 2" x 1/2 inch stables for my boxes and cleats and I use a Hitachi N5008AC2 2" 16 Gauge Standard 7/16-Inch Crown Construction Stapler and that needs a compressor still. Not sure if I can use this battery one and get the same strength. But, this battery one will fix frames for me in the field no problem.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WJYC60/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

·
Registered
4,323 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

FWIW - I have the drill combo of this Ryobi series. They are great. The batteries last long and are interchangeable with the other devices of this series.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

I picked up a nice Porter- Cable 18 gauge Stapler and Compressor for under $200 on Amazon.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Ray, any experience with the HR stapler and other staple suppliers? Do they work well with main stream supply? thanks

·
Registered
6,692 Posts

Hey Bugmeister, yes, I've used other manufacturer's staples in it fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts

If it is any good then being able to take it into the field without a compressor sounds good to me.
If you go into the field often with a compressor, ever thought about using CO2 ? Dont know it would be worth the money if it is just an occasional thing.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts

Buzz, you need to contact Ryobi and ask for a finders fee. I was at Home Depot yesterday and bought one of these while I was there. came home and assembled 60 frames in an hour. Keep in mind my grand kids where helping me. It is sweet to just be able to grab it and go. I also think it will be far more likely I will grab it if needed while pulling frames from hives. find a broken frame and the stapler will be ready. I will just have to grab it and make the fix. I will also appreciate the portability when I start moving hives to outyards. I can now assemble frames indoors while watching television. This allows the little ones to be a part. they are expert Popsicle stick gluers now. They are also pretty good about putting the fraems back in the boxes. they are 2 and 4 by the way. They carry the frames to me take them away when done, glue in the sticks and then place them back in boxes. somebody else puts the glue on the frames for them. End result they think they are beekeepers and nobody can tell them different. Yesterday after dropping 10 frames in a super and getting all of them right. I told the 4 year old that now all he has to learn to do is do that while the frames are covered in bees. It was a mistake. he was up and ready to go. I Think it hurt his feelings a bit when I had to tell him we can't go do that yet. Time to go shopping for child size bee suits.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
6,692 Posts

Bostitch SX50351-3/16G
Bostitch 1 3/16" narrow crown staples

1 - 19 of 19 Posts