Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Am cleaning up frames for the new season and wonder what to do about frames that have areas not fully drawn out?

These are plastic frames and some parts of the frame have good fully drawn comb, but not across the full frame as it tapers down into real shallow comb.

My thought is the bees will not 'restart' drawing out the shallow comb to full depth, but I don't know.

Will bees draw out old comb to full depth or do they leave it alone?

On frames that have sections with shallow comb (not fully drawn out) should I clean that area off down to the base in order to get the girls to draw out new comb?

Thank you for your help and expertise,
Clinton

·
Registered
699 Posts
i just put it in. if you want to increase the odds you can feed 1/1 syrup. they should draw it out.
I would just put it in also....Half of the work is done for this years bees...If they need it they will finish it off...Anything you can do to make the work for this years bees easier, it will pay off in the fall in honey :)

==McBee7==

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
974 Posts
He means half of the comb is already drawn out, so all that needs to be done is the rest of it drawn out. Bees have to use up plenty of nectar (think energy) to produce wax and build comb.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He means half of the comb is already drawn out, so all that needs to be done is the rest of it drawn out. Bees have to use up plenty of nectar (think energy) to produce wax and build comb.
Ahhh... of course! haha... was in a fog when I first read that.

thx!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts